Saturday, May 4, 2013

What a long, strange trip it's been...

Indeed!
I think the name of an achievement never have been more apropriate, cause this have been one h**l of a long trip!!

Finally!

When I first startet playing World of Warcraft, I loved the world events for the content itself, when I discovered this achievement, with this amazing PRIZE, I got obsessed doing them all!
I started playing in the fall of 2008, so it took awhile before I could do every achievement, but in the spring of 2010, all I had left to do was For the Children, then the Violet Protodrake would be mine!! From the 2009 Children's Week I was just missing two small achievements, Hail to the King, Baby and to assault a flag in Arathi Basin of the School of Hard Knocks, but I only had a few days left and the queues to get into Arathi Basin was ridiculously long, so I never got to finish the two last objects back in 2009, I had to wait another whole year...

The thing about my style playing WoW, is that I play rather intense in some periods, rather casual in some periods and not at all in periods too. For some strange reason the last years I have had a non-playing period in the spring, so I have missed Children's week every year, and never had the chance to finish my What a long, strange trip it's been achievement, and it has been so frustrating!! Especially with my mount obsession, I have really been dreaming of getting this wonderful protodrake! So I missed my chance in 2010 due to mye non-playing period, the same happened in 2011 and 2012 too...

So, this year I was determined to finish up this achievement! Since PvP is not my favorite thing to do in WoW I was dreading the last bit of the School of Hard Knocks (I have to admit that my brother in law helped me out with the three other objects), but I actually got it done within the first 5 minutes of the battleground, now I only had to pay King Ymiron in Utgarde Pinnacle a little visit!

I think I've never been happier in WoW!

So no I can relax and enjoy flying around on my absolutely stunning Violet Protodrake!

No comments:

Post a Comment